Thursday, March 12, 2009

Anagram Poems for Painters and Dancers

One day within our weekday poetry group meeting, Holman asked us to prepare to read to or perform for the painters and dancers in their studios. As a digital media artist, I was a bit befuddled. What was I gonna do? I was curious about the language poets Holman mentioned during one of our sessions, and thought about my interest in "found" content (such as photographs folks attach to personals' ads on Craigslist). I had the feeling that I wanted to make or create something for the other artists, and then I remembered the awesome online anagram generator that a friend told me about a few years earlier. I went for it! I had fun investigating "performing" the pieces for the painters, but I think it worked more interestingly when I got the idea to invite Ines to perform the pieces for the dancers along with me. As we began each dancer anagram poem, we called out/called for each dancer. It worked!

Father Proteins for the Painters

by T. Foley

Benjamin Pritchard
58,824 found
A Jab-Drench Imprint
Madcap Rebirth Jinn
Japanned Crib Mirth
Jinn Catbird Hamper
Chamber-Dript Ninja
Jade Branch Imprint
Nephritic Brand Jam
Cramped Ninja Birth
Tramped Ninja-Birch
Inch-Jet Armband Rip
Barman Chin-Drip-Jet
The Jinni Madcap Brr
Catbird, Map Her Jinn

Kyung Jeon
13 found
Enjoy Gunk?
Gone, Junky

Sara Wolfe
510 found
Area Flows
Flaw Arose
A Leaf Rows
A Flea Rows
A Fear Slow
A Safer Low

Guy Richards Smit
66,667 found
Grimy Suit Chards
Dry Isthmus Cigar
Ridgy Chair Smuts
Starchy Rigid Sum
Myriad Curt Sighs
Sugary Disc-Mirth
Mystic Hair Drugs
Hardy Music Grits
Gastric Rushy Dim
Dirty Racism Hugs
Haircuts Rid Gyms
Dismay Curs Girth
Charity Rids Smug
Admit, Scurry, Sigh!
Disarm Itchy Rugs!
Carry Tumid Sighs.

Molly Larkey
29 found
Lye Lo, My Lark
My Leaky Roll
Mall Rye Yolk
My Orally Elk

Erin Beaver
354 found
Vine Bearer
Bean Verier
Bane-Verie
Ban Reverie
Vibe Nearer
Vibe Earner
Ravine Beer
Been A River
I Barren Eve
I Never Bear
Bear Veer In
Barer Even I
Earn Rib Eve
Air Never Be

Andrew Zarou
181 found
Onward, Azure
A Razor Unwed
Award Our Zen
Ad-Worn Azure
No Draw Azure
Draw Azure On
Azure Don War
Aw, Razor Dune

Inga Dorosz
125 found
Daring Zoos
Rads Oozing
Oars Dozing
A Door Zings
Dazing Or So
Dang, Sir Zoo
Zoo Is Grand
Drag-In Zoo
Grads In Zoo
Zing Or Soda?
Orzo Sad Gin
Oars Do Zing
Nag Rids Zoo

Poems for dancers: A Second Performs
by T. Foley

Nadia Oka
8 found
Aid An Oak
A Oak, An Id
I Ad An Oak

Alyssa Lee Wilmot
Error! Input too long.

The permitted input length varies depending on the server load. Currently it's limited to 0 letters (maximum is 30 letters).

Wendy Rogers
495 found
Grey Wonders!

Katie McGreevy
2,118 found
My Creative Keg
My Reactive Keg
React Geeky Vim
Creaky Veg Mite
Gravy Emcee Kit
Active Gym Reek
Active Germ Key
Give Tyke Cream
Ever Magic Tyke
Geeky Met Vicar
Grave, Meet Icky
Remake City Veg
Team Icky Verge
Maverick, Get Ye!
Take Mercy, Give

Cassie Mey
167 found
Icy Sesame
A Ice Messy
Sea Icy Ems
Ice My Seas
Says, Ice Em!
Says, Ice Me!
Camise? Yes

Karin Stevens
2,346 found
Veterans Skin
Veterans Sink
Snakier Vents
Sneak Inverts
Rankest Veins
Rankest Vines
Snake Inverts
Stank Inverse
A Nerves Knits
A Nerve Stinks
Saint Ken Revs
Vain Ken Rests
Rank Veins Set
Rank Vines Set
Ask Reinvents

Penny Hutchinson
6,147 found
Hunches Ninny Top
Niche Python Nuns
Ethnic Syphon Nun
Psyche Ninth Noun
Innocent Shh Puny
Hitch Penny Nouns
Hunch Poets Ninny
Hypnotics Hen Nun
Pinch Honesty Nun
Snitch Phoney Nun
Punch Honesty Inn
Punch Those Ninny
Punch Nosey Ninth
Cunt Phone Shinny
Pinches Thy Nun No
Potency Shh In Nun

Paz Tanjuaquio
22 found
Japan Auto Quiz
A Aqua Unzip Jot
Aqua Zap I Jut No

Molissa Fenley
33,045 found
My Leaf Lioness
My Lassie Felon
A Nemesis Folly
Of Anise Smelly
False Smiley On
Females Nosily
Mayflies Noels
Mayflies En Sol
Mossy Leaf Line
Safely Line Oms
Lemony Falsies
Aimless Felony
Seal, Solemnify!
Mislay Oneself
Yon, Aimless Elf
I, Selfsame Only
Safely Solemn, I
Folly Is Enemas
Fame Eons, Silly
My Finale Loses

No comments:

Post a Comment